Silicone Conformal Coating for Superior Protection Against Corrosion
ACL Staticide® 8695 is a silicone conformal coating designed to create an insulation layer against high-voltage arcing and corrosion.
It’s perfect for protecting components from corrosion and rust in humid conditions including intermittent exposure of water or salt on PCB’s and other electronic components.
ACL Staticide® 8695 Features
- Color: transparent
- Very durable – will not chip, crack, or fragment
- Provides exceptional acid resistance
- Maximum dielectric strength is 1100 volts/mil
- Ready to use from the can
- Operating temperature from -55°F/-64°C to 390°F/199°C
- High dielectric breakdown of 1100 volts/mil
- Designed to provide effective insulation against electrical shorts and harsh environments
- No ozone-depleting substances
- Provides excellent acid resistance
- Self-healing; easily repairable
- Contains UV tracer for easy quality control
- RoHS compliant
How is Silicone Conformal Coating Applied?
Shake the can well. Apply to clean and dry unmasked areas. Spray top to bottom allowing the coating to flow lightly around the components. Rotate board 90 degrees and repeat. Open water vessel in drying chamber to accelerate drying.
Following the final installation and assembly of new component, re-coat area lightly.
How Long Does it Take Silicone Conformal Coating to Dry?
Cure time: 1.0 mil cures tack-free in 30 minutes. Heat cures 8 hours at 170 degrees (F). Full cure requires 24 hours