Urethance Conformal Coating for Hard Shell Protection Against Acid and Alkalis
ACL Staticide® 8696 is a urethane conformal coating that provide an ultra-durable shell like coating. This is ACL’s hardest transparent conformal coating. It has superior chemical resistance and protects against alkaline and acidic substances.
ACL Staticide® 8696 is ideal for a variety of applications including HVAC, fire alarms, relays, generators, motors, transformers, and battery operated devices.
ACL Staticide® 8696 Features
- Color: transparent
- Offers exceptional PCB and flex circuit protection
- Protection from severe environmental stress, thermal shock, mold and fungus
- Spreads and dries quickly
- Ready to use from the can
- Operating temperature from -75°F/-59°C to 270°F /132°C
- Dielectric strength: 1100 volts/mil thickness
- Contains UV tracer for easy quality control
- RoHS compliant
- 12oz (340g) aerosol can; 12 per case
- Item #: 8696
How is Urethane Conformal Coating Applied?
Shake the can well. Apply to clean and dry unmasked areas. Spray top to bottom allowing the coating to flow lightly around the components. Rotate board 90 degrees and repeat. Open water vessel in drying chamber to accelerate drying.
Following the final installation and assembly of new component, re-coat area lightly.
How Long Does it Take Urethane Conformal Coating to Dry?
Cure time: 1.0 mil cures tack-free in 30 minutes. Heat cures 8 hours at 170 degrees (F). Full cure requires 24 hours