ISO 4 Cleanroom Wipes
ISO 4 (formally class 10) controlled environments are among the cleanest of them all. This exceptionally critical environment requires a wiping substrate that is lint-free and low in pollutants. Wipes need to be manufactured and packaged in a cleanroom.
They should also be double-bagged to provide additional protection from outside contaminants. According the ISO 14644 Cleanroom Standards, an ISO level 4 environment can only have a maximum concentration limit (particles/m3 of air) of 10,000 equal to and larger than 0.1 micron.
ISO 4 Equivalents
- Federal Standard 209E Equivalent: Class 10
- EU Grade Equivalent: A
Common Attributes of ISO 4 (Class 10) Wipes:
- Lint-free material
- Heat-sealed edges
- Lowest in non-volatile residue and ionic levels
- Close-knit construction
- Cleanroom laundered, individually inspected, and double packaged in cleanroom bags
- Fibers are continuous with no loose ends
- Common substrates: Polyester, Poly-Cellulose, Polypropylene