Minimum Garment Recommendations by ISO Class
|ISO 8 / Class 100,00||ISO 7 / Class 10,000||ISO 6 / Class 1,000||ISO 5 / Class 100||ISO 4 / Class 10|
Cleanroom Clothing Materials Selection Guide
Less protection / less clean
- Polyethylene – Ideal for short term barrier to most fluids. Poor moisture vapor transmission. Since polyethylene can be ripped easily, it is ideal for extremely light duty applications.
- Spunbound Polypropylene – Lightweight and breathable, spunbound polypropylene is ideal for the food industry or applications where contamination control is not a major concern.
- PE Coated Polypropylene – Similar benefits to spunbound polypropylene with additional splash/liquid protective layer.
More protection / more clean
- SMS – features three layers of protection (Melt Blown PP in the center of a top and bottom layer of Spunbound PP). Its extremely durable and offered exceptional protection against liquids. SMS is not an extremely breathable option.
- Microporous – (PP with laminated layer of polyethylene) is an excellent alternative material to Tyvek with several additional benefits. The cloth-like, waterproof barrier offers the ultimate level of durability and breathability. The laminated coating makes this option virtually lint-free and ideal for the most critical environments.
Browse our selection of cleanroom apparel here or call 860-265-7995 for more information.