Quick Guide to Wiping a Cleanroom Surface
- Select the proper cleanroom wipe. Various sizes, materials, and manufacturing techniques play a factor in determining the ideal wipe for each unique application and environment. A good resource to refer to is IEST-RP-CC004.3 Evaluating Wiping Materials Used in Cleanrooms and Other Controlled Environments .
- Choose cleanroom wipes that are compatible with the class of cleanroom in which it will be used.
- Wipes are available in a variety of sizes, each offering unique benefits. Smaller size wipes such as 4″ x 4″ or 6″ x 6″ provide good particle pickup for smooth surfaces. Larger wipes such as 12″ x 12″ can be quarter-folded to create 8 ultra-absorbent layers.
- Do not wipe in circular motions. For efficient wiping, wipe in one direction using parallel, overlapping strokes starting from the cleanest area and wiping towards the least clean area. (source)
- Use a clean wiper surface for each wiping stroke.
- Dispose contaminated wipes after single use.
For more information on proper cleanroom wiping techniques, contact us here or by calling (860) 265-7995